Thursday, February 17, 2011

walk on by journal entry

I can’t really think of a situation where I knew I was perceived as being threatening but I can remember a situation where i was profiled for how I looked. It was the day after Thanksgiving and I was on a break from work I decided to go the mall with some friends to kill some time and look around. I did not go home and change I didn’t think it would matter I found that out the hard way. As we got to the mall we entered through Dillard’s I looked around at some clothes and tried some shirts on we decided to go out into the mall. As we entered the mall I felt a tug on the back of my hoodie I turned around to see three police officers standing in front of me. They didn’t ask me my name first or who I was but asked where the merchandise was. I looked at them with a puzzled look I did not steal anything but was profiled because I was wearing a big hoodie because it was cold outside and I had on my work pants which were dickies.

No comments:

Post a Comment