Thursday, March 10, 2011

Doctor Visit

I've been to the doctor many times in my life but this post isn’t about me it’s about my girlfriend and how expensive health care is when you don’t have insurance. So we go to the doctor because she's been having foot pain we go to the front desk fill out the forms and the nurse informs that just for the basic visit it would cost anywhere from $110.00-$150.00. I was in shock but she says ok about 30 minutes later we get called to the room; the doctor comes for about 8 minutes asks a few questions and then told her that it would be best to have x-rays and blood work done. He then says that the x-rays will cost$100.00 and $25.00 for the blood work she agrees in total the x-rays and blood work take a total of ten minutes. After all was said and done she had to pay $282.00 for a total of about an hour of being there, we had seen the doctor less than 15 minutes the whole time we were there.

No comments:

Post a Comment