Thursday, January 27, 2011

Revising a short story

Last night it snowed like it had never snowed before the forecast predicted 2 inches of snow it was more like 8 all you could see was a white wintery wonderland. Still I was a trooper and made it to work while on my break I was talking to my buddy Rich. I was telling him how I had no social life and planned on staying in that night with nothing to do but maybe sit on the couch and drown my sorrows in a bucket of chunky monkey. He invited me to a Christmas party I was ecstatic like a fat kid getting a whole chocolate cake to himself, but in the back of my mind questioned if he invited me because he wanted me to go or if it was more out of feeling sorry for me either way I didn’t care and gladly accepted. As we continued our conversation I noticed the reflection of a girl sitting alone at a table, she didn’t seem like your average girl she sat there with an aura of fear and loneliness I couldn’t help but wonder who she was. She looked like a Sally or maybe Mary I wanted to go up and talk to her but was overcome with fear and nervousness. I motioned for my Buddy Rich to check her out, Rich being the kind of guy that he is made it very obvious that he was looking at her; she noticed him looking at her and gave him a look back of disgust she then walked out never to be seen again. I felt somewhat sad knowing that I will probably never see her again, maybe one day our paths would cross again.

After work I went home to my lonely house not only was it lonely but it was scary and unnerving well not the house but the neighborhood I lived in. I had a bought a 9mm for protection hoping I would never have to use it I don’t know if I had gall to actually shoot someone. It was about 8 o’clock and I had just finished getting ready I picked up Rich and off we went to the party I was getting nervous as we neared the party I mean this was only like the fourth one I had ever been to in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment